Satistical Advance: STP 400 at Kansas SpeedwayJune 2, 2011 No Comments
Kansas Speedway Data
Track Size: 1.5 miles
· Banking/Corners: 15 degrees
· Banking/Frontstretch: 10.4 degrees
· Banking/Backstretch: 5 degrees
· Frontstretch: 2,685 feet
· Backstretch: 2,207 feet
· Groundbreaking was held on May 25, 1999.
· The official opening of Kansas Speedway was in 2001, with the first events being an ARCA race and a NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race on the same day – June 2.
· The first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race was Sept. 30, 2001.
· This is the first season Kansas Speedway will hold two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events (June 5th & October 9th).
· There have been 10 NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Kansas since the track opened in 2001.
· All of the races have been scheduled for 267 laps.
· 11 drivers have competed in all 10 races at Kansas.
· Jeff Gordon won the first two NASCAR Sprint Cup races.
· Jason Leffler won the first pole in September 2001.
· Seven different drivers have won poles, led by Jimmie Johnson, with three.
· Seven different drivers have posted victories, led by Greg Biffle, Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart (each with two).
· There have been seven different winners.
· Seven of the 10 races have been won from a top-10 starting position.
· Denny Hamlin made his first career NASCAR Sprint Cup start at Kansas – a 32nd-place finish in 2005.
· Seven of the nine races that ended under green had a margin of victory under one second. The 2007 race ended under caution.
Driver Rating at Kansas
Greg Biffle 122.6
Jimmie Johnson 118.7
Jeff Gordon 106.5
Tony Stewart 103.3
Matt Kenseth 97.7
Mark Martin 97.3
Carl Edwards 94.8
Clint Bowyer 88.1
Kevin Harvick 87.1
Kurt Busch 84.6
Note: Driver Rating compiled from 2005-2010 races (6 total) at Kansas.
2010 pole winner: Kasey Kahne (174.844 mph, 30.920 seconds)
2010 race winner: Greg Biffle, 138.077 mph, 10-03-10)
Qualifying record: Matt Kenseth (180.856 mph, 29.858 seconds, 10-08-05)
Race record: Greg Biffle (138.077 mph, 10-03-10)