Track Size: 1.5 miles
Race Length: 400.5 miles (267 laps)
· Banking/Corners: 18 degrees
· Banking/Backstretch: 5 degrees
· Banking/Tri-Oval: 11 degrees
· Construction began in August 1999.
· The first NASCAR Nationwide Series race was July 14, 2001.
· The first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race was held on July 15, 2001.
· This weekend marks the first time Chicagoland Speedway will be included in the 10-race Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Sept. 18, 2011.
· There have been 10 NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Chicagoland Speedway.
· 12 drivers have competed in all 10 races.
· Todd Bodine won the first pole.
· There has been a different pole winner after every qualifying session (qualifying was canceled in 2008).
· Kevin Harvick won the first two races; six drivers have won races, led by Harvick and Tony Stewart, each with two.
· Kyle Busch won the 2008 race from the pole, the first time a driver won from the pole. It was also the only time a driver had won from a top-five starting position.
· Kevin Harvick won the 2002 race from the 32nd starting position, the deepest in the field that a race winner ever started at Chicago.
Driver Rating at Chicagoland
Jimmie Johnson 112.0
Tony Stewart 110.4
Brian Vickers 107.3
Matt Kenseth 102.4
Jeff Gordon 100.7
Kevin Harvick 98.5
Kyle Busch 98.3
Mark Martin 91.2
Clint Bowyer 90.8
Carl Edwards 89.4
2010 pole winner: Jamie McMurray, (183.542 mph, 29.421 seconds)
2010 race winner: David Reutimann, (145.138 mph, 7-10-10)
Track qualifying record: Jimmie Johnson (188.147 mph, 28.701 seconds, 7-8-05)
Track race record: David Reutimann, (145.138 mph, 7-10-10)